Friday, August 16, 2013

Concept to Completion: Vegas Bling Wedding Cake by Celebrity Wedding Planner Tiffany Cook


As most know I'm not your average wedding planner, I actually custom design every aspect of the wedding for my clients from the reception, ceremony, flowers, lighting, linens, invitations, menu, everything in between including the wedding cake. When it comes to the "wedding design" I always tell my brides "design is a process" creativity doesn't happen on a schedule. This was very true with Keela's destination wedding in Las Vegas. We had been working on design of her room, the centerpieces, menu, lighting, tablescape, the "wedding bling" and all other aspects of the wedding, yet the cake design eluded me. I had photos of bits and pieces of what I knew Keela loved but I still didn't have "IT"in my head. Thank goodness for the level of trust I have with my clients!! Some brides might stress if three months out they didn't have their wedding cake design...but not my girls.

A few months before the wedding we all flew to Las Vegas for the sample centerpiece (which is a must for all my clients) and wedding tasting. It was right in the middle of going over final flower design revisions that my child like design ADD kicked in full force!! I started drawing out my vision as all the pieces of what Keela loved came together in my head like puzzle pieces. Keela and I were super excited and met with the Encore Hotel's fabulous Pastry Chef to go over the design. Below(left) is the sketch from this meeting and to the right is the actual cake from Keela's wedding masterfully executed by the Encore Hotel's Pastry Chef. We did choose to omit the pink roses in original design in exchange for bling, the cake as you see was spectacular and was well worth the wait!

Bling Wedding cake design sketch left by Celebrity Wedding Planner Tiffany Cook of Tiffany Cook Events
for Keela & Marion's Las Vegas destination wedding. Right photo of executed design by Encore Hotel's Pastry Chef.
tiffanycookevents.com 

Custom designed Bling Wedding Cake designed by Celebrity Wedding Planner Tiffany Cook of
Tiffany Cook Events for Keela & Marion's destination wedding at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas
tiffanycookevents.com

Custom designed Bling Wedding Cake designed by Celebrity Wedding Planner Tiffany Cook of
Tiffany Cook Events for Keela & Marion's destination wedding at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas
tiffanycookevents.com

Custom designed Bling Wedding Cake designed by Celebrity Wedding Planner Tiffany Cook of
Tiffany Cook Events for Keela & Marion's destination wedding at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas
tiffanycookevents.com

Custom designed Bling Wedding Cake designed by Celebrity Wedding Planner Tiffany Cook of
Tiffany Cook Events for Keela & Marion's destination wedding at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas
tiffanycookevents.com

Cake: Encore Hotel Las Vegas www.wynnlasvegas.com
Photos courtesy of Martha Ramirez Unique Design Studio
Planning & Design: Tiffany Cook  tiffanycookevents.com